It’s All Mental is an interactive, informative, ingenious talk and game show. Talk show host Wing Yan Man invites various Asian Dutch people to talk about mental health. After all, mental health is a subject that touches everyone. Taboos surrounding mental health, psychology, are so deeply ingrained that this subject is largely unknown among Asians. Social and cultural pressure increases the invisibility of the issues surrounding mental health and with it access to break through these taboos. In the first episode we take a feminine perspective about stigmatisation around certain themes, such as ADHD and about the role of women and the Asian identity. We also asked healthcare professionals to join us and tell us more how we can grow and find the support needed.
Host: Wing Yan Man (@yourtruewingman) is founder of 3310 School For Millennials
- Anita Hubner (@anita_schrijft_een_boek) psychologist and writer of the book ‘Vertel ik het of vertel ik het niet’ (Do i tell or not?)
- Janet Lie (@jnt.lie) journalist and writer of the article ‘ADHD wordt te weinig herkent door vrouwen van kleur’
- Phuong Ngo, transcultural coach who recently organised the first Asian womens day together with Thanh Nguyen (@thanh_helpt)
- Izadora Shin (@izadorashin) – Spoken Word
- Inez Bolder, policy advisor Thrive | GGD Amsterdam @thriveamsterdam
- Sjan Verhoeven – Coach, trainer, writer connected to Impuls & Woordblind
This programme is made possible by Openbare Bibliotheek Amsterdam and Thrive Amsterdam/GGD Amsterdam and Impuls & Woordblind.
The show was recorded and can be found here: